Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Limewire Stopped Working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kennj

kennj

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 03 January 2006 - 11:29 AM

I realize that Limewire may not be totally legal but I have a problem with it. It was working great not a care in the world until one day i started it up and the screen blows up covering the whole screen and then it locks up. Whats wrong

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 03 January 2006 - 02:07 PM

Well, the best thing i see to do is just re-install the program. It's a simple program to install/uninstall (unless you have a complicated tree of your shared folders). This would probably fix anything dealing with the specific software issues.

You also might want to scan any files you've downloaded for virus or malware, especially if you've been downloading programs from Limewire.

#3 kennj

kennj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 03 January 2006 - 08:53 PM

Thanks I will but why I didnt uninstall is because I'm afraid I'm going to lose my music and i have a lot. And as for the virus/spyware and etc. Im way ahead of you on that one.

#4 utfreak

utfreak

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 03 January 2006 - 09:11 PM

Thanks I will but why I didnt uninstall is because I'm afraid I'm going to lose my music and i have a lot. And as for the virus/spyware and etc. Im way ahead of you on that one.

I would go into the directory where all your music is saved and copy all of them and put them in another folder. Even a better idea! Download itunes. Enable "copy music into tunes library" by going to edit>preferences>advanced> and check the box that says to copy music. That way whenever you download music from Limewire you can move it into itunes and it will automatically copy it into the Itunes music folder so you can then delete it from Limewire. Itunes is a much better music player too! :thumbsup:

Edited by utfreak, 03 January 2006 - 09:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users