Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Picture It

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 USN Vet

USN Vet

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:16 PM

I am looking for the software which I had in Win98 Se, but not available in XP. I have two documents in that format which i need to print. I have looked at a number of file type converters but none apply to this file type.

Microsoft Picture It - File extension .mix
Feel free to ignore my comment, just another user !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:27 PM

After a quick search I have come across two possibilities. Both have had mixed reviews as to working for some but not others.

1)If you have MS Office installed then open Word. Select insert image. Then choose the .mix file.

2)Make a copy of the file and change the extension to .jpg. I am seriously doubting this will work. <_< That is why I suggest you do it with a copy of the original. In case it corrupts the image you still have the original intact.

I`m still looking should one of these two not work for you.

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:46 PM

Doing some research I read that Microsoft Digital Image Starter Edition 2006 can convert mix files to jpeg.

Specs say the program works with 98.
Its a 60 day trial but all you really want to do is to convert the file to a more common format like jpeg.

Edit: IE6 is required

Edited by Eyesee, 11 May 2011 - 02:47 PM.

In the beginning there was the command line.

#4 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:22 PM

If you have MS Office then there is Microsoft Photo Editor that you have to select when you install Office. If add it if you still have the Office CD then you goto Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Office then you will see options to add other options.

If you don't have Office then you can download Microsoft Photo Editor 3.01 but it does work the same as the original as you can't open all picture types.

I've used Microsoft Photo Editor for many years and I still do on my WinXP and Vista its the best and quickest photo editor going. :wink:

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#5 USN Vet

USN Vet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:57 AM

Thank you all, for your responses.I don't mean to have other people do my research for me, but I did not get any of the responses mentioned in the replies, when I searched.

The MS Digital Starter Edition -2006 Did the job. Got the images converted to jpeg. The APP installed under Windows XP, using IE8, so I assume the comment Re: IE6, means, IE6 & above.

Thank you again, Gentlemen !
Feel free to ignore my comment, just another user !

#6 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:54 AM

Glad to hear that you got it resolved
Good Job :thumbsup:
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users