Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

eVGA Recommendations on Cleaning to keep heat down.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:04 PM

The below is an email from eVGA regarding computer care and cleaning.

Dear EVGA Member,,

Thank you for your purchase from EVGA! We like to make sure that you are receiving and will continue to receive a great experience with your EVGA product.

Have you looked inside your system recently? Dust can be a tough foe against your hardware and EVGA is here to help. Take a few minutes to open up your system and make sure your system is running clean and cool at the same time. Here are some simple steps to keep your EVGA product running for a lifetime of use.

1. Every 30 days get some canned/compressed air and clean out your system. Dust can cause heat issues which can lead to hardware failure if not maintained and cause an unwanted RMA in the future. Remove your components one at a time to thoroughly clean them. Take the time to keep your system clean and keep it running.

2. Preventing dust is just as important as keeping it out of your system. Some cases have built in filters to prevent dust and build up from entering your case. Make sure to clean or replace any filters to maintain good clean airflow into your EVGA system. Don’t have any filters? Take a look online for some simple ways to add filters to your case and keep it clean.

3. Running water cooling? Have you flushed your system recently? Water cooling can become a nightmare if not maintained. Make sure to flush your system to prevent mold, algae and build up from creating complications. Make sure to clean your system fans at the same time, blocked air flow on your radiator can cause just as much trouble.

Following these simple steps to maintain your EVGA system will improve your gaming experience and keep you fraggin’ for a lifetime.

Thank you,
EVGA Customer Service

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:37 PM

excellent advice ,it always baffled me as to why computer retail stores never tell this to the customer ,or better yet schedule regular maintenance, for the computer with the customers ,making a few honest extra dollars,instead they hope people fry there computers ,so they can sell a new one to them .

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 lkegley9

lkegley9

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:21 AM

Think about this though. Do you really think a casual computer user will even dare open up their computer case to clean it out? The people I work with rarely even update their anti-virus software. Or even do scans with them. So why would they clean out the interior of their computer? Granted though I always make note in my tickets if their machine was suffering from dust related issues, that they should clean it out with compressed air. But how many of those actually have followed my advice so far?

Though, good job EVGA. Actually trying to save people some money. And, for their cards that have lifetime warranties, their money too I guess.

#4 lti

lti

• Members
  • 600 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:59 PM

A lot of prebuilt computers have a "Warranty void if removed" sticker between the side panel and the rear of the case. If you open the case to clean it, the warranty is void unless you wait until the warranty expires. By that time, the case is packed full of dust. I noticed this while I was looking for a new computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users