Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows vista 64bit would not boot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jziggyp

jziggyp

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:30 PM

I was getting a bluescreen every once in a while, something ????cmrd?????( don't remember what it actually said)???? and it would reboot.... Something just seemed to be not right with the computer...I ran virus scans, maleware and spyware scans twice a day for about a week ...Nothing showed up as being infected... 2 nights ago I ran Malewarebytes and it came up with 2 trojan downloaders???? I rebooted the computer and all of a sudden I lost my internet connection??? did all the reset required for the connection ....Nothing????? rebooted the computer again and wham get a message bootmgr missing ---Hit ctrl-alt-delete and rebooted to the bootmgr missing again and again....Decided to try the factory disc ,,,Wham, bootmgr missing????? I went through all the f keys to see if any of those would work ---safemode gave me the bootmgr missing....f1,f2,f3,f4,f10,f12 all worked --Ran the tests on the ones that worked and showed no problems. Changed the boot order ,change back to default settings f9...still bootmgr missing after another reboot....Was getting ready to toss this computer in the lake LOL....but decided to sleep on it... The next day tried it all again...nothing still but bootmgr missing....tried the factory reinstall disc again nothing still.... kept hitting the f buttons and rebooting and all of a sudden the reformat window poped up.... Have no idea why?????, but glad it did..When I was up and running again, still no internet connection.. finally the connection was back on last night and I am up and running again....

Anyone have any Idea as to what happened and Why????
I have avast,comodo firewall,anti-malwarebytes , antispyware ,no-script,ad-blocker,panda autorun injection, and secunia psi2 and a few other stand alones...Everything is up to date and patched as soon as it is needed..????? Also ,,, why and how did the trojans get past all the security measures without being detected???? I have used Norton, Windows defender, Avast, AVG (a rootkit just walked in with AVG and it did nothing to stop it but a log???),,, Bad stuff has infected my computer with all of them??? My surfing habits are very safe and limited to a few auto forums, building a e-commerce site, Business related info sites,email (I never open attachments or unknown emails), Computer security sites(Here,Jotti,Virus Total.)All safe surfing hopefully... Do they really work ????

Edited by jziggyp, 11 May 2011 - 01:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jziggyp

jziggyp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:59 PM

Well, The saga continues!! I had a couple hours connected and lost the connection again ??? I Rebooted the computer.. It opened to the log on. I typed in the password and it loaded to a black page with a warning that said a unauthorized change was made to the windows system and it will only have limited use...gave me a choice to close or go to a Microsoft fix page.. The fix page was an empty page.. I went back and hit close .. It rebooted the computer a went to the log on page again and then the same warning page... That's as far as it would go....I took the computer back to the beginning date after the 1st reformat...the computer booted ok again for about a 1/2 hour and stared the same problem... The internet would not come on at all... Today I tried reformatting again and am back up now... Anyone have any idea why this is happening ???? Could someone have access to my system since I lose my connection and then the problems are there ??? Doesn't Reformatting remove all the data from the hard drives ???? Thanks for any help,,,I'm getting tired of reformatting this computer....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users