Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Inspire one ZG5

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 welshphil

welshphil

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:05 PM

Hi, I recently bought a reconditioned Acer Inspire one ZG5 10" Netbook running Linux o/s as a christmas present for my wife. Everything has been fine until yesterday when I turned it on, it appeared to boot normally - including the Acer page - then it goes blank with just an arrow cursor showing. I've contacted the company I bought it from but they're not interested as it only came with a 12 week warranty. I know absolutely nothing about Linux and don't know where to start! Any help is very much appreciated.

Phil

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ramchu

Ramchu

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:32 PM

Which Linux OS is installed ?

Ubuntu - Mint - PClinux ?

#3 welshphil

welshphil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:28 AM

Ummmmmm.......I'm afraid I have no idea, is there a way of finding out despite not being able to access the deaktop?

many thanks

Phil

#4 Ramchu

Ramchu

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:05 PM

Does it give you any boot options, like being able to boot into safe mode ?

Did you receive a Live CD (boot disc) with the purchase ?

Edited by Ramchu, 12 May 2011 - 05:09 PM.

#5 welshphil

welshphil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:33 AM

The o/s is linpus linux lite v1.021.E, I've managed to obtain a recovery disc and have recovered the system, including downloading live updates, however I now keep losing the internet connection. It works fine for a day or two then when I click on the browser icon nothing happens(including no error message) despite having a full internet connection, i've proven this by connecting via another laptop. When I'm unable to connect I use the recovery disc again and everything is fine for a day or two then the problem re-occurs. Any help is gratefully received.

Many thanks

Phil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users