Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot connect to intermet via Wireless USB Adapter

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sploog321

Sploog321

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:35 AM

I moved my PC. I moved it from 2 rooms away from the router to in the room where the router is. I have Windows XP Home. It would connect to the internet fine where the PC used to be.

When I try to connect to the internet, I get a message.

"Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of available networks and try to connect again."

I have already tried un-plugging the Wireless USB Adapter, use the Repair option, restarted the router, and deleted the automatic connection from the Wireless Networks tab of the Wireless Network # properties and tried to connect again, all to no avail.

Wat do?

Edited by Sploog321, 11 May 2011 - 12:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Boondockers

Boondockers

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:41 AM

Try using Wireless Zero Configuration.
Start >Run >type in services.msc
Look for your wireless adapter in the list and STOP it.
Scroll to bottom of the list and find Wireless Zero Configuration.
START it and set to Automatic.
I'm using XP so there may be some slight differences if using Vista or 7.

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:33 AM

If the above doesn't work you may be simply out of range of the wireless router. Is Windows able to detect the network at all?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users