Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Password Saving - Firefox

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 weybrew

weybrew

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 03 January 2006 - 11:00 AM

re: Firefox v1.5

I recently needed to change a password on my ISP email login page. I went to Tools > Options > Passwords > View Saved Passwords and deleted the line item for the old login. I then went back to the login page and entered the new password. Now Firefox won't save the new password and doesn't remember me when I come back to this page.

Can any Firefox users give me some help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bgardner

bgardner

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 03 January 2006 - 11:35 AM

when you go to Tools > options > Privacy > then click on the passwords tab, there is a check box you can check off that says remember passwords.... make sure it is checked off and then save the settings and make sure you close firefox completely and then try the site again

Does this help??

#3 weybrew

weybrew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2006 - 01:46 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, but no, it is already checked and all other sites work fine.

#4 RickiRich

RickiRich

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:28 PM

Hey, in the Tools > Options > Passwords > View Saved Passwords window, go to the "Passwords never saved" tab and make sure its not there?

Rich

#5 weybrew

weybrew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2006 - 08:54 PM

Thanks, Rich, but "Passwords Never Saved" is empty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users