Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello to all

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dawgfan

dawgfan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:06 PM

Hello to all of you. Well let's see, let me tell you a little about myself. I'm a self employed Computer & Network Consultant. I provide technical services to SOHO and small business users. I hung out my shingle so to speak in 2004. Prior to that I did the corporate thing for 10 years. I started my career with a position in a family owned shop where we custom built white boxes, designed and built networks and provided technical support to home and business users of computers and networks. I enjoyed that position very much and gained valuable experience and an awesome skill set. I left that position to work for a company that provided a very specialized service where we performed hardware level upgrades to laptops owned by Fortune 500 company's all over the world. The owner of the company designed cpu's and chipsets which were then built for us by AMD. We removed the original cpu's and chipsets from the laptop motherboards and replaced them with the ones designed by our owner. We also performed motherboard and power supply modifications and re-programmed CMOS BIOS chips. This service was valuable to our clients because it literally saved some of them hundreds of thousands of dollars that would have otherwise been spent on new laptops by extending the service life of their current laptop investment. That was an awesome job and I gained a great deal of valuable experience and further added to my skill set. In my next position I performed all of the computer, server and network support for about 70 to 80 users in the local office of a large corporation. Of all of my positions, I enjoyed that one the most. I definitely don't know it all by any means, and as a matter of fact as time goes on I have more questions than answers. I believe that is a good thing because I am always learning new skills and gaining more valuable experience. Bleeping Computer has been one of my favorite resources for some time now in my search for answers and solutions to the never ending new technologies in software and hardware. I consider it a privilege to have the opportunity to be part of this community and hope that I can be of some help to some of you who are seeking answers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:47 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.

Edited by Budapest, 11 May 2011 - 04:51 PM.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users