Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with a slow computer.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 abeachguy

abeachguy

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:10 PM

I have a HP DV5 laptop. Windows Vista SP2. 2GB RAM 153 GB of 222GB free. I was told it had some issues. So here I go. I know the Firewall and anitvirus were never configured. I just need to know where to start?

Thanks.

Edited by Budapest, 10 May 2011 - 08:11 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~Budapest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 booterbotter

booterbotter

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:36 PM

What kind of issue are you having?
Regarding your question how to configure/check the firewall and antivirus, you can check out the control panel and look for security center under security.

Patience is a true virtue. Never give up, never surrender.
BleepingComputer.com Message Board Rules

#3 abeachguy

abeachguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:58 PM

Sorry I wasnt clear. The person before me said they never did that. She also stated is was done automatically because of Vista.... lol. Im just wondering if its worth it. Im seeing 17 adapters connecting to my LAN. Her network is called "Workgroup" She cant even change of the settings because I think she got botted or hijacked or both. If you didnt know anything about computers not saying I do you wounldnt even notice.
Thanks for the help not sure where to start you know?

#4 booterbotter

booterbotter

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:12 PM

I see. If you think your computer is infected. Please check follow the steps on this link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

As much as I wanted to give you further instructions, it would be best if we let our experts answer your issue.

Patience is a true virtue. Never give up, never surrender.
BleepingComputer.com Message Board Rules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users