Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Progams hanging and not responding right away

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 adamsapple

adamsapple

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

I have recently cleaned-up my computer on this forum, but have had some issues again. When I last finished with "Gringo" he asked me to do the following after our last session:

This is a good time to clear your existing system restore points and establish a new clean restore point:

•Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

•Select Create a restore point, and Ok it.

•Next, go to Start > Run and type in cleanmgr

•choose your root drive (normally C:)

• after it calculates how much space you will save it will open up a new window

•Select the More options tab at the top of the window

•Choose the option to clean up system restore and OK it.

• go back to the disk clean up tab

• put a checkmark in all - except compress old files (leave this unchecked)

• click Ok then click yes

The problem is that my system does not let me do things the way it is described above. When I get in the restore point software, it jus wants to restore my whole computer instead of a point and I don't continue.

Anyhow I thought I would mention that incase that may be the source of my problems.

I did not wany to bother "Gringo" again directly so I posted this to get some help. Gringo was very helpful but the post had timed out before I could get back to it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:59 PM

Hello Adamsapple.

It is not that the post timed out. But that after a period of time Malware Removal Team members will close threads failure to feed back from the Member they were assisting.

If you read the last post in the thread,
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic390050.html/page__view__findpost__p__2220590
it states that you need to PM him should problems persist. Which they seem to be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users