Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Replace a DVD drive in a laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lady_Vi

Lady_Vi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:31 PM

I have an Acer Aspire 8730 laptop and the DVD drive has quit working. (Optiarc DVD RW AD-7580S ATA Device). It will not open most of the time and when I do get it open it will not play any disk. I have been trying to find a replacement drive but can not find one for it. Seems like there is hundreds for every other laptop but mine (LOL Just My Luck).
Just woundering is the a universal one or another one that would work for me?
Thanks for your help in advance!.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

Hello and welcome to the form!

Googling it I found quite a few for about 60 bucks.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

hi ,found a few on e-bay ,you might consider buying a external usb dvd instead .
ebay = http://desc.shop.ebay.ca/i.html?_nkw=Aspire+8730+cd+drive+&_sacat=58058&_dmpt=Laptop_Batteries&_odkw=Aspire+8730&_osacat=58058&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313&LH_TitleDesc=1

external usb dvd
http://www.newegg.ca/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=420&name=External-CD-DVD-Drives

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users