Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP multiboot with pre-installed Windows 7 not working

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,862 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:35 AM

System manufacturer and model?

It seems obvious that the boot files are broken...but something else seems to be at work here.

Do you have any media to reinstall Win 7?

What media did you use to install XP? You say it's a valid XP CD...does that mean it's a Microsoft Genuine XP upgrade/retail CD that you purchased and is not installed on any other system?

Does the system currently boot into Win 7?

Louis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 sundavis

sundavis

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,708 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:14 PM

the format is done, the files are copied, just like the way they do. But after the restart it doesn't further head in the xp setup,...

I assume your HDD is the SATA drive, but your Windows XP Install Disc is not SATA supported since you don't have any sata drivers to slipstream into XP CD.

If that's the case, the workaround is to check your bios before installing XP, make sure your sata controller is set to ATA, not AHCI (Advanced Host Controller
Interface). Otherwise the computer wont see the drive when trying to install XP. When Windows setup completes, change the mode back to SATA.

For more info: Here or Here .

if it were a sata driver problem it wouldn't even see a hdd to copy the files to ,op say it copied file to the hdd

....But after the restart it doesn't further head in the xp setup..... :wink:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by sundavis, 18 May 2011 - 05:10 PM.

#18 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:02 PM

if it were a sata driver problem it wouldn't even see a hdd to copy the files to ,op say it copied file to the hdd

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#19 Alvas Rawuther

Alvas Rawuther
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:29 AM

I made this topic. What about my problem?
SYSTEM SPECS.
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz | 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz RAM | 488 GB WD SATA HDD | 1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 | No real-time antivirus | MBAM on-demand | Windows 7's Built-in Firewall |

#20 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:43 AM

I made this topic. What about my problem?

all post above are to help you with your problem did you try any of the suggestions .post #16 ask for the make and model of you computer ,you never answered that yet

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#21 Alvas Rawuther

Alvas Rawuther
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:54 AM

Oh, I am extremely sorry for being that stupid, btw I installed Windows 7 again and I can fix the problem myself now. Thanks a lot chaps! :)
SYSTEM SPECS.
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz | 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz RAM | 488 GB WD SATA HDD | 1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 | No real-time antivirus | MBAM on-demand | Windows 7's Built-in Firewall |

#22 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,862 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:19 AM

Glad you resolved it...happy computing :).

Louis

#23 Alvas Rawuther

Alvas Rawuther
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:55 AM

Thanks. Have a great week!
:)
SYSTEM SPECS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users