Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IBM T41 graphics card drivers?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ckyo01

ckyo01

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:31 AM

Hey everyone, I am quite new to this website, but would really appreciate your help here.
I have an old beat up laptop- an IBM Thinkpad T41. In order to try to revive the thing, I wiped it clean last night and reinstalled Windows XP Professional 32-bit. However, I am having trouble with the graphics card/drivers. I attempted to install DirectX 9.0 but it says it cannot connect to the database, and when I try to install NVIDIA drivers, it says it cannot install because it cannot connect to the graphics hardware. I am obviously missing some sort of element whether it be in the graphics or video department... I am just unsure as to what I should install onto it. Any help would really be appreciated! Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:54 AM

Try these
You want audio, modem, ethernet, wireless and video.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 ckyo01

ckyo01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:20 PM

I have actually tried a variety of these drivers. However, for the wireless drivers, there are many different choices. How should I know which one to use?
Cisco Wireless LAN Mini PCI adapter
Thinkpad 802.11bg wireless LAN Mini PCI adapter
Thinkpad Dual-band ab and 802.11abg wireless Mini PCI adapter
Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 3b Mini PCi adapter
Intel PRO/Wireless 3945bg, 3945abg, 4965ag, 4965agn Mini PCI Adapter

Thanks!

#4 ckyo01

ckyo01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:35 PM

After downloading these drivers, the problem still persists.
To be a little more specific, when I try to install DirectX 9.0, the installation stops and it says "Cannot connect to the database- please check the database. Setup cannot continue." When I attempt to download NVIDIA driver v270.61, it begins to check for system compatibility and it stops saying that "this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware". Thanks for your help thus far.

#5 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:54 PM

If the ethernet controller works could you possibly hard wire the laptop into your router and see if it will automatically find the correct ones.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#6 ckyo01

ckyo01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:07 PM

I am not too familiar with Windows as I do normally use a Mac. I am unsure as to how to access the particular ethernet controller driver and I am also unsure as to what I would be doing after I hardwired the laptop to my router to have it automatically find the right drivers. My computer knowledge is obviously really limited-a more specific instruction would be awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users