Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Safely Removing USB takes SLOW TIME TO OPEN

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Student01

Student01

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:10 AM

Hello,

Whenever I tried to safely remove my USB from my laptop by Left-Clicking on the USB icon, it just takes such a long time for the menu to appear when I'm trying to remove my USB. How come it's like this?

In Windows XP, it just appears as soon as you left click on the USB Icon, but Windows 7 just takes such amount of time. I was wondering if there's some way to fix this?

Regards,

Student01

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rick Adams

Rick Adams

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:46 PM

Hello,

you could check that the removal policy is set to quick: Check Control Panel - Device Manager - Disks - double click on the USB drive - Under Policies tab -
check Optimize for Quick Removal - Apply / OK as needed and reboot.

You could also check whether your antivirus is set to check removable drives which may have an affect on your ability to remove it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users