Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have no clue how to fix this...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thegreendayaddict

thegreendayaddict

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:40 PM

Alright here's what happened... they were trying to uninstall microsoft office 07 to update to office 2010 and in trying to uninstall it, a popup comes up saying that the file's corrupted. So this person exits the control panel and the computer shuts itself down and restarts. Now whenever we try to get into the system, either a blue screen flashes for a fraction of a second -or- it goes to the login screen, but none of our passwords work. Should I just wipe the hard drive clean or is there an easier fix?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:04 PM

How were you trying to remove it?

#3 Train2104

Train2104

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:44 PM

Sounds like malware to me if an uninstaller changed your passwords.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users