Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirect problems & random audio clips play

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 AWayne

AWayne

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:53 PM

Having Google Redirect problems. Searches appear to produce legitimate results, but when I click on a link I am redirected to somewhere else. Many times I am redirected to "fidstuff.com", whatever that is. I have used MalwareBytes to try to get rid of this thing. No luck. I have tried using FireFox. No good. I tried creating a new profile, hoping that the Google Redirect would not come over. No luck. Please help me get rid of this thing. Also, probably unrelated, I have audio files that seem to randomly fire off whenever they feel like it. Not sure where that's coming from. I tried to follow the "Preparation Guide" to the letter, but I was unable to get the dds.scr to finish successfully. Every time I tried to run it, my pc would lock up before it completed. I tried running it under a different user, still no luck. Please Help. I am including the GMER log and a HijackThis Log.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:30 PM

Is this the same computer as your other topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic395496.html
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 AWayne

AWayne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:34 PM

yes. I apologize. I didn't realize that one actually posted. I was redirected to the "Preparation Guide" for posting on BleepingComputer when I attempted to post the first one. I assumed that it did not successfully post. My bad.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:55 PM

In that case I am closing this topic.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users