Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MY COMPUTER WONT START UP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NICKYPIC

NICKYPIC

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:14 PM

MY COMPUTER WILL NOT START UP -I WENT TO TASK MANAGER THERE IS A PROCESS CALLED UmXAGENT WHICH HAS CPU AT 99% CAN I END PROCESS OR WILL I DAMAGE SOMETHING sorry for all caps i didnot notice

Edited by NICKYPIC, 09 May 2011 - 12:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:17 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/umxagent.exe-5929.html

Yes, you can end the process. You can also uninstall Tiny Personal Firewall How far does the boot get? Did you just install that program?

Also, please do not post in all CAPS - it's the forum equivalent of SHOUTING

#3 fixtro

fixtro

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:06 PM

You should start your system in safemode and run combofix.

EDIT: Anyone reading this topic. Please DO NOT follow the above advice. Only trained malware helpers are permitted to suggest ComboFix.

@fixtro Please see this topic that gives Instructions for offering assistance with malware tools: How do I get help? Who is helping me? What advice can be given in this forum ~ Animal

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:15 PM

Please do NOT run combofix unless specifically requested to by someone on our Malware Removal Team.
Combofix is not something that should be run unsupervised.
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users