Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista constant restart/shutdowns

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 g8gxp

g8gxp

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:48 AM

Hello,

This problem has come up recently. I got the AV virus a few weeks ago, after several runs with Malwarebytes and superantispyware I finally got rid of the virus. However soon after it started rebooting itself for no reason and firefox will constantly shut down for no reason.

Now i simply cannot boot into normal mode. Once i get to the screen where you type your windows password I'll have roughly 30 seconds before shutdown and restart. It doesn't matter whether I enter the password or do nothing, shutdown and restart will occur. Safe mode and safemode with networking are fine. I've tried to disable the "automatic restart" option to see if i could get a BSOD, but still nothing, it just goes to black screen and shutdown.

It's an hp pavillion dv9700 laptop about 3.5 years old. i turned it over and cleaned it out as best i could with compressed air, opened every compartment on the back that i could find to clean it out, but no results from this.

Any help at all would be tremendous.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,770 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:27 PM

Very likely, your computer is still infected...

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread and post a DDS log HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 g8gxp

g8gxp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:18 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. I went ahead and bit the bullet and backed up the hard drive and reinstalled. Even if successful I have a feeling I would have been chasing down bits and pieces for a long time afterwards. Due for a reformat anyways to get rid of all the junk accumulated over the years. If anything this episode has made me a regular visitor to this site!

Thanks

Edited by g8gxp, 10 May 2011 - 08:19 AM.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,770 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:31 PM

You're very welcome Posted Image

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users