Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battery Issues With My Compaq Evo N180

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 weefr2084

weefr2084

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 03 January 2006 - 12:52 AM

Members of bleeping computer...I need to replace the part in my compaq evo n180 that the ac battery adapter tip plugs into.
My battery cord broke couple months back, and finally found one and bought it. Got it home, plugged it in, and my computer wouldn't pick up the charge from the new cord. Brought it back to the computer store, they ran a test on the cord and it came back that the cord was alright, it was the adapter in my notebook. I asked what the name of the part was, but I have to pay a diagnostic fee. So I took it upon myself to find the part. I just need to know the name of the part first. If anyone can help me that would be awesome.

Thanks...Andrew

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2006 - 08:50 AM

Hello weefr2084 and welcome to BC.

I was able to find the Maintenance and Service Guide - Compaq Notebook Evo N180 Series. Pages 53 and 54 show an illustrated parts catalogue. I found that page from this page which has all the info on that Laptop from Compaq.

Hope that helps. You actually are lucky to get that much detailed info. If you have any more questions just let us know.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 weefr2084

weefr2084
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:11 PM

Thanks for your help, and finding out where a description of all evo n180 parts were. Unfortunetly I couldn't find the exact part that I needed, I hope its not a major I need to replace. I found something that might be it, but it was attached to a big ol' board, and still a little iffy. I'll keep up my search for the mysterious part, and thanks for all your help.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:18 AM

I actually found the female power socket for a Toshiba notebook on eBay for a member last month. You may want to start there. Shouldn't this have been in the Hardware Forum?

EDIT: At this eBay store is your part. Good luck. http://stores.ebay.com/Computekinc-us

Edited by acklan, 07 January 2006 - 12:25 AM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2006 - 08:33 AM

Shouldn't this have been in the Hardware Forum?

It is now :thumbsup:

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 08:51 AM

:thumbsup:
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users