Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:03 AM
Hi all. I never post here and always use your site when I have a problem (virus). I thought I would pass on my recent adventure of removing Win 7 Security 2011.
After wasting about 4 hours of my time reading and trying to remove what I thought was a serious infection, I ended up using old relieable, Malwarebytes.
1) Downloaded Malwarebytes to a flash drive using another computer.
2) Copied Malewarebytes (via flash drive) to the infected computer.
3) Rebooted infected computer in "Safe Mode With Networking".
4) Installed Malwaebytes.
5) Updated Malwarebytes.
6) Rebooted computer in "Safe Mode With Networking".
7) Ran Malwarebytes, deleted infection and rebooted.
Hope this saves someone time.