Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issue with drivers32

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tafkap777

tafkap777

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:21 PM

I have been experiencing some trouble with my HP laptop recently, so I ran checkdisk on it and found that I have 8 bad sectors. I ran scandisk -r on it and it seems to be back in order for me, except sound on internet sites. I'm probably not making things too clear here since I'm not a techie...sorry about that. Anyway, the only real issue I have now is that all of my sounds work just fine (system sounds, iTunes, media player, etc) except anything over the internet. Whether it's an online game of spider solitaire that my wife likes or youtube - there are no sounds.

I have checked the volume control options, mixer, sounds through task manager and with device manager and all appears normal. Device manager says my drivers are up to date and the device is working fine. I uninstalled the sound drivers and re installed them, but still no sound from internet sites.

I'm wondering about 2 things...

1. When I navigate through regedit to hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows nt\current version\drivers 32, there is only one item in the right pane named (default) type is reg-sz and data is (no value set). Is this typical, or should there be more in there? Quite frakly, I'm not even sure if this key has anything to do with my sound issues, but my attention was drawn there due to an error that popped up when installing the k-lite codek.

2. Am I on the right track thinking that whatever it is that controls sound for internet sites is probably located on one of my bad sectors? If so, is there a way to pull them onto a good sector, or possibly "recreate" them on a good sector?

I am running Windows 7 by the way. Not sure what else your brilliant and helpful minds need to know to make this problem go away for me.

Thanks in advance for any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users