Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Go Figure!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JannEd

JannEd

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:52 PM

First, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all mothers who use BC! I just spent the last couple weeks fixing two computers that had ugly viruses. Was sitting here at my daughter's putting the finishing touches on this laptop so I could return it in the morning. Those words that send chills down my back rang out: Grandms!! What is this popup for? Come look! The darling childwas on Facebook and 'something came up on the left side that said LIKE. So she clicked on it. Vista Anti-Virus
virus/worm/etc.

I want you all to know, if it weren't for this forum, it would have taken me hours to get it gone. You guys are the greatest!!!!

Jann

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:24 PM

Thanks for the kind words and glad we were able to help.
Personnally I hate Facebook, there is just too much on there that is dangerous.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:50 AM

Facebook is a bad place to be!!

I hope everyone had a g00d mothers day :)

#4 JannEd

JannEd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:53 PM

Facebook is a bad place to be!!

I hope everyone had a g00d mothers day :)

I love Facebook for keeping up with new and old friends and all my extended family, it is good for that. It is this need for random clicking that gets people in trouble. I did manage to get rid of the virus. Now, she comes running in and asks me for the pass for the DSL, which I gave her. Then she informs me that she figured out how to get on the net with her Wii. On-screen keyboard and all. Hope that isn't capable of making my life interesting!

I had a good Mother's Day, viruses and all. My oldest daughter in HI called me as well. ;o)

Jann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users