Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Freeze?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 turneriver

turneriver

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:08 PM

When I play a video, sooner or later the computer locks up. I have tried a number of different graphics cards with no luck. I've also, in the course of trying to solve another problem as well, changed all the drives, cables, psu, case, network card. I tested the CPU with a 5 minute burn and it passed. I've flashed the bios, jumped the cmos, removed and replaced the battery. Downloaded new motherboard drivers.

I have win xp home, sp2, athlon xp 2000+, ms-6380e (also known as kt3 ultra-aru) mobo. 512mb ddr pc2100 with a raid array, but I had the same problem without the array.

Sometimes there is a static sound when it locks up, but usually not.

Just in case it may be relevant, sometimes the computer does not show video when i turn it on. Interestingly, it did this when I had the Mobo flash floppy in it, and it successfully flashed the Bios although no video. Whenever it doesn't turn on the video, it almost always works on the next switch on, and usually does work on the first try, I'd say it's maybe 1 out of 10 times, perhaps.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users