Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backdoor.TIDSE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gareth1234

gareth1234

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:32 PM

My SymantecAntiVirus Corp. Edition (program 8.00.9374 Scan engine 4.1.0.15)can not clean or qourentine this back door virus. It won't let me restore to any available dates. Only in the safe mode, was I able to restart back to a good config date to where everything appears to be back to normal. Still, the file is there somewhere. It was ID as File:C:\WINDOWS\$ServicePackUninstall$
Can I look at the deleted email for that time period in the sender information area for some clues?
Does MS have a better virus program for Win XP home for service pack 3?
Thanks Gareth

Edited by Budapest, 08 May 2011 - 04:43 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~Budapest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Computerproblem101

Computerproblem101

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:01 PM

Once your computer has been infected by a backdoor, there is no way to ever ensure the PC will be secure again due to its backdoor functionality, due to the fact that the virus has been detected, we will be able to remove it but there may always be some components of it remaining. If you do choose to remove this backdoor, please start with Malwarebytes.

Http://www.malwarebytes.org

Step 1: Download the program
Step 2: Update the program
Step 3: Run a quick scan
Step 4: Post the log here and remove infections found
Step 5: Reboot your PC

I will then instruct further.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users