Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newish laptop runs very slowly after about 30mins of computing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Minxotic

Minxotic

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:54 PM

Hello,

I'm hoping to get help for my mother's laptop which is a newish computer which begins to run slowly after about 30m or so. The specs are:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/8/2011, 14:46:17
Machine name: DEBBIE-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire 5253
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version V1.02
Processor: AMD E-350 Processor (2 CPUs), ~1.6GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 1770MB RAM
Page File: 1419MB used, 2122MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

I visited other posts on your forum to see if any of the issues other user's were having seemed like the ones I am having and I ran MBAM scans and AntiSuperSpyware scans. MBAM was clean. ASSpyware found tracking cookies which were cleaned in safe mode. I'm still noticing that the computer has the same slow down and was hoping I could get some other advice as to what could be the issue. All Windows memory checks and check disks scans came back with no issues.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:59 PM

Hello,probably not malware ,but let;s check for a TDSS rootkiy first.
Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (

TDSSKiller.exe
) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!
Be sure to download TDSSKiller.exe

(v2.5.0.0) from Kaspersky's website and not TDSSKiller.zip which appears to be an older version 2.3.2.2 of the tool.

• Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
    Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it.
  • To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com).

If you do not see the file extension, please refer to
    How to change the file

extension
  • Click the Start Scan button.
  • Do not use the computer during the scan
  • If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.
  • If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
  • Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
  • A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually

Local Disk C:).
  • Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.

If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file

extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to these[/color]

instructions
. [color=green]In some cases it may be necessary to redownload TDSSKiller and randomly rename it before downloading and saving

to the computer.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users