Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected and then removed, now USB ports will not work

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 shotgunwilly

shotgunwilly

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:50 PM

A few days ago i got infected with AntiSpyware and some other malware. Unable to download and run any malware removal tools, I was able to burn some to a disk from another computer and then load it onto mine and run it. I used SuperAntiSpyware and it caught and removed alot of problems. I also ran MalwareBytes and it didn't find anything after that. I rebooted and the malware pop ups seemed to be gone but I am still having some problems.

First off, my computer will not pick USB drives up. I plug them in, my computer will indicate there's something in the slot by sound, but then the drive doesn't light up nor does it show up in My Computer. This thing scared the piss out of me so i want to back up some important files before i do anything else really.

Second, when I start my computer several windows titled "BlankWindow2" will pop up and then be titled "hello4" when minimized into the menu bar. My computer also seems to be running much much slower than before.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

Edited by shotgunwilly, 08 May 2011 - 01:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users