Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Minecraft: Pixel Format Not Accelerated

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mono565

mono565

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:59 PM

Minecraft: Pixel Format Not Accelerated message when i try to use minecraft can anyone help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:11 PM

Welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

Can you please provide us will more information about your current system?

To make this easier for all, if you follow the easy to understand instructions below, we will have a complete understanding of your systems setup and specs.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.

How To Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

Guide Overview

The purpose of this guide is to teach you how to post your computer's specifications to the forum with minimal effort on your part. This is often helpful when troubleshooting problems, and the person helping you needs to see the details of your computer's hardware.

Tools Needed
  • Speccy - First, you will need a program called Speccy. According to Piriform: "Speccy is an advanced system information tool for your PC." This is a very useful utility that every PC user should have in their arsenal.

Instructions
  • Go to Piriform's website, and click the big Posted Image button.

Next, click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version.

You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.
  • After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.
  • Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):
    Posted Image

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot

You will see the following prompt:
    Posted Image

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Posted Image

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the Posted Image button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Congrats! You have just posted your specs!
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 mono565

mono565
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:25 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/mCXlRx2YnLCHRveHCHNWiaU

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:11 PM

Try this and after following my instructions here, please come back to this thread and post the outcome whether it is successful or not.

Below I am providing you with a link to the Intel web site this is the download page for your graphics card which according to Speccy is Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/graphics/intel915g

On the link above there is a section that says:Automatically detect and update drivers and software that will bring you to this page here: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/

You can have that utility auto-detect your graphics card and offer you the correct drivers.

Your current driver is Driver version: 6.14.10.3943

If the version on that site is newer than yours download it, save it to a place you can find it again such as your desktop.

IMPORTANT: You must go to device manager and un-install your current driver, your system will need to be rebooted.
DO NOT allow windows to install a driver for you, if it offers to, cancel it!! Yes your screen resolution will be something like 800X600 Pixels, just navigate to the file you downloaded for your Intel graphics card and install the drivers, reboot again.

Now try your game again.

Bruce.

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#5 mono565

mono565
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:28 PM

So what or were am i supposed to uninstall

#6 mono565

mono565
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:29 PM

Is it one under diplay adapters that i am supposed to uninstall

#7 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:09 PM

Is it one under diplay adapters that i am supposed to uninstall

Yes. :thumbup2:

Bruce.

#8 mono565

mono565
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

It worked thank you very much I really appreciate it that you took your time to help me. :clapping:

#9 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:35 PM

Fantastic glad to hear that and thank you for PMing me to get my attention to your problem.

Enjoy your game and remember, if you ever run into any other problems, Bleepingcomputer.com is the best source to come to for answers!

Kind regards as always....

Bruce.

#10 Dave-8ball

Dave-8ball

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/juRylIl0LIoEYFxdmWEAWvZ

Hope it helps, the Type I know is, SiS Mirage 3 Graphics

#11 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:59 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/juRylIl0LIoEYFxdmWEAWvZ

Hope it helps, the Type I know is, SiS Mirage 3 Graphics

Hello Dave, usually members create their own thread where they will get dedicated attention.

Because you are new to the Bleeping computer web site I can understand, your posting to someone else's thread.

With that being said I am going to offer you some updated drivers from the official SIS web site.

You motherboard specs are:

Manufacturer: ASUS CORPORATION
Model: K50C
Version: 1.0
Chipset Vendor: SiSChipset
Model: 672
Chipset Revision: 00
Southbridge Vendor: SiSSouthbridge
Model: 968 Southbridge Revision: 01

You'll notice I made the numbers 672 bold above, that is the key number that focuses on the drivers I am linking you to below.

Do not concentrate on the the name SiS Mirage 3 Graphics, that is what makes it hard to find your drivers, concentrate on the chip set.
By the way your current drivers are version 7.14.10.5200, although this driver listed below is 5.26, but those are the most current drivers available at the link below.
http://w3.sis.com/download/

Step 1 Choose windows 7

Then is step 2 choose IGP GRAPHICS DRIVERS

Then in step 3 choose SIS671 & SIS672

Go with the link that has the LATEST date such as this one:

File Name R529_Logo.zip
Version v 5.29
Release Date 2011-01-06
Support Products
SiS671 , SiS671FX , SiS672 , SiS672FX , SiSM671 , SiSM671MX , SiSM672 , SiSM672MX ,
File Size 14,756KB
Support OS Windows 7 ,

Best of luck to you.

Bruce.

EDITED: link to direct download failed to work, I added instructions on getting to the download link above. Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 02 August 2011 - 08:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users