Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very Happy Client

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PDX Hoosier

PDX Hoosier

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:33 PM

First heard about Bleeping Computer the other day with a Google search for "adtech2006". Google pointed me to someone else's request for help on adtech2006 and the response was something I felt I could handle with my limited computer abilities. My first foray was somewhat successful, but I was still getting some popups. I found my problem was SurfSidekick 3. Another Google search brought me back to Bleeping Computer. I followed the self help guide to clean my computer and have now been surfing for over two hours without a single popup! Maybe I'm just lucky, but I'm truly grateful for the help! And my brother-in-law will be grateful also as now I'm not kicking him out of the house for infecting my computer.

Thanks again!
PM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:22 PM

Hi PDX Hoosier,Good to hear you've already found help here at BC. Here's a link called "Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet" one of many excellent tutorials they have here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/keep-your-computer-safe-online/

You may post your systems vitals, like OS, Antivirus programs, firewall and spyware programs here and someone will look and make sure your protected well. So you won't be bumping into those nasties again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/25/antivirus-firewall-and-privacy-products-and-protection-methods/

Edited by boopme, 02 January 2006 - 11:23 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 03 January 2006 - 12:12 AM

Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:40 AM

Hello PDX Hoosier and welcome to BC.

Always nice to know we have saved another brother-inlaw :thumbsup:

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:43 AM

:thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer PDX Hoosier

Now keep your brother in law away from your computer. :flowers:
Posted Image

#6 yano