Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Restore after removal affects

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 want297z

want297z

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:50 AM

I successfully removed Windows Restore using Rkill and mbam, and restored sight to all files using unhide.

Now for the remaining issues.

The quick start bar still has no programs on it. Do I need to replace them manually there?
All of my start program file folders are empty and certain ones have been deleted. Is there a way to get those back? Or is that a manuall operation to restore those too. I don't even remember what all was there.
I keep getting this script error that says the following is the problem "www2a.glam.com/mobile/detect.act?affiliateId=38198522". I tried searching for script errors in this forum but cannot find anything related. Am I looking in the wrong place? After searching on google, I didn't get much help either. Most findings were to a software company and they said it was this trojan "Trojan.Win32/Vundo.gen!X". I am not sure I believe them or not as I have no experience in seeing their products in use. I thought forsure mbam would get rid of all items, but the script error still pops up. Any help with this?

Thanks for the help,

Mike

Edited by Budapest, 08 May 2011 - 04:47 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~Budapest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users