Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

audio controller

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 katiomay

katiomay

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:56 AM

all right here's the deal; my laptop got one of those lovely blue screen problems that was unfixable so i went and bought a windows disk (my laptop is refurbished so it didn't come with a disk), but since i had to completely reinstall windows i lost all my data.

i dont mind that as much as the fact that i have no sound :( it says i have audio device installed but my laptop obviously has speakers i went into device manager and it says something is wrong with the high definition audio controller, but the device is up to date. I went to the toshiba website to download the driver but it says i cant install it for some reason. I tried the admin tools and my windows audio is already on automatic. I've also tried the dxdiag but it just told me there was no audio device.

obviously i've tried a few of the suggestions on the forums but nothing's worked so far.

I've got a toshiba satellite l505d-ls5006 and I've got windows 7 xp home edition

any other ideas to try would be helpful

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 odin88

odin88

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:46 AM

Hi,
The driver for your model is available from here.....

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=2531797&rpn=PSLV6U&modelFilter=L505D-LS5006&selCategory=2756709&selFamily=1073768663

You must re-boot after it installs.

Iain.

EDIT..>>> Before installing the Audio driver (download and save to your desktop) create a restore point.. start> rightclick computer> properties> system protection> create.
Download and install, BUT do not run yet, Driver Sweeper......

http://majorgeeks.com/Driver_Sweeper_d6171.html

uninstall your audio/sound driver from add/remove programs and re-boot into Safemode(F8).
YOU MUST COMPLETE THESE STEPS IN SAFEMODE.....
1.)Double click Driver Sweeper to open.
2.)Put ticks in any box that says Sound beside it.
3.)Click Analyze.
4.)Click Clean ... you will need to run the clean button twice as to clean any residual left overs.

Re-boot into normal windows and click out of any "found new hardaware" prompts. Install the Audio driver that i linked for you, follow the prompts then re-boot your machine, it is important that you re-boot so that your system recognises the changes.

Edited by odin88, 08 May 2011 - 10:03 AM.

our attitude toward life determins lifes attitude towards us.

#3 katiomay

katiomay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:33 PM

i tried what you said but the analyze didnt turn up anything. i managed to install the audio driver but i still have no sound

#4 odin88

odin88

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:56 AM

i tried what you said but the analyze didnt turn up anything. i managed to install the audio driver but i still have no sound

Sorry that never worked for you... did you follow my instructions as laid out??... are there any yellow ! or ? in your device manager??.

have you tried the microsoft 'Fix It'..... http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/no-sound-in-windows

please let me know how you get on .

Iain.

Edited by odin88, 15 May 2011 - 11:58 AM.

our attitude toward life determins lifes attitude towards us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users