1. When I open any browser (Firefox, IE, Chrome) and do a web search (Google or Bing or other), I get redirected to pages I didn't choose.
2. My computer keeps freezing.
3. I keep having to force shut down the computer and restarting it.
4. I can't always open a browser window. Double clicking on Firefox, Chrome or IE sometimes (more and more now) does nothing.
5. I can't seem to open the task manager (after doing ctrl-alt-delete, I get the choice to open it, but nothing happens after clicking on it)
6. I keep gettting a 'Generic Host Process' popup window (see attached image).
7. I'm trying to go through the 'Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help', but it has taken a really long time because I can't use the infected machine to retrieve the files and because it keeps freezing. I have to remote desktop to another computer, download the files and move them to the infected computer, then run them (hopefully it doesn't matter that the remote computer is running Windows 7).
8. Nothing happened when I ran defogger.exe and then DDS just had a blank screen and nothing happened. (I didn't try to go past that.)
Edited by AbbyG3, 07 May 2011 - 06:43 PM.