Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bookmarks in Adobe Reader 9

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 steveh8204

steveh8204

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

I apologize in advance for what might seem an obvious/stupid question but I'm a bit perplexed about something.

I need to know how to bookmark what page I'm reading in a PDF so that the next time I open the PDF its where I last was.

I have Googled this and someone said to create a new bookmark in the Document menu but this doesn't exist. It also said to use the Ctrl and B shortcut but this doesn't work either.

I can't help but feel I've missed something obvious as this seems a basic requirement for reading long PDFs, however I have had a good look though all the menus, right clicked etc and nothing seems to enable me to do this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:29 AM

Go to Edit \ Preferences and select Documents.

Enable 'Restore last view settings when reopening documents'

Click OK at bottom of window when changes have been made.

This works in Adobe Reader v.10 and should work in v.9

I think the "bookmarks" are only available in Acrobat but I could be totally wrong.

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#3 steveh8204

steveh8204
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

Result! Thank you very much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users