Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Resume

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CalusBlade

CalusBlade

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

So my question is simple. Should you mail your resume or give it in person?

Normally I give it in person because mailing it just isn't professional. I would even dress business causal when i give it in just in case I will be interviewed on the spot. I am currently working and rehiring for the summer starts soon. I don't know if I am going to be hired but I also don't wanna take a day off just to run around handing in my resumes. If I really need to hand it in personally, I will as a last resort.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:09 PM

The answer to that question lies more in the nature of the business or job and how they do the hiring process. The answer also depends on what the company prefers. You need to research each company or business to find out.

Submitting resumes by mail along with a cover letter is quite professional and often is preferred. Please recall that these people are busy and may not appreciate someone barging in with a resume unannounced. Doing so would be very unprofessional. Also, if a company doesn't indicate that they are hiring, submitting a resume likely is not a good idea. In such instances, one should send a letter of inquiry if one is interested in working for that company.

There are also many companies that prefer that that folks submit submit cover letters and resumes online. On the other hand, there are sometimes hiring fairs, or a company is expanding or just opening. In situations such as these, arriving in person with cover letter and resume during the posted times would be quite appropriate.

I have always tailored my resumes and cover letter to the specific job I am applying for.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users