Let's try an alternative boot disk and see if we get the same result
Let's try to boot your computer using the Ultimate Boot CD for Windows
(UBCD4win).Please print this guide for future reference!
You will need a blank CD, a clean computer and a flash drive.
Please follow the steps below and let me know if you were successful. If you were unable to create the UBCD4win, please tell me what error messages you got and/or what steps you got hung up on.1. Download and Run Ultimate Boot CD for Windows
2. Insert your XP CD with SP1/SP2/SP3 into a CD Rom drive
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double-Click on the UBCD4Win.EXE that you just downloaded to your desktop.
- Follow all of the instructions/prompts that come up.
- Do not install to a folder with spaces in it's name.
- Your Anti-Virus may report viruses or trojans when you extract UBCD4Win, these are "False-Positives." Read HERE for information regarding the files that normally trigger AV software.
- Double-Click on UBCD4WinBuilder.exe located in your C:\ubcd4win folder.
- Click "I agree" to the Builders License.
- Click NO to Search for Windows Installation Files
- Make the following selections from the Main Screen that pops up:
- Source:(path to Windows installation files)
- Enter the path to the drive where your XP CD is located.
- You can click on the "..." button on the right to navigate to the path as well.
- Custom: (include files and folders from this directory)
- No information is necessary, leave blank.
- Output: (C:\ubcd4win\BartPE)
- Media output
- Choose Create ISO image
- Do not choose Burn to CD/DVD
Please note: If your XP install disc is SP1
then please .....
- Disable- DComLaunch Service
- Enable- LargeIDE Fix
This can be done by pressing the "Plugin" button and checking or unchecking the appropriate selections
Also note: If you have a Dell XP install disc you will need to follow the instructions herehttp://www.ubcd4win.com/faq.htm#dell
[/list]3. Click on the "Build" button
4. Burn your ISO file to CD
- You will see the Windows EULA message. Click on I Agree
- You will now see the Build Screen. Let it run it's course
- When the Build is finished you can click close, then exit
- Please see HERE on how to burn an ISO to CD.
From your clean computer..
Please download OTLPE.zip
and save it to a flash drive.http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTLPE.ziphttp://www.itxassociates.com/OT-Tools/OTLPE.zip
Double click and unzip OTLPE.zip
to its own folder on your flash drive. Name it OTLPE <-- Important!!
Plug your flash drive into your sick computer now and do as instructed below..
==========1. Restart Your sick Computer Using the UBCD4Win Disc That You Have Created
- Insert the UBCD4Win disc in to one of your CD/DVD drives.
- Restart your computer.
- The computer should choose to boot from the UBCD4Win CD automatically. If it doesn't and you are asked if you want to boot from CD, then choose that option.
- In the window that pops up select Launch The Ultimate Boot CD For Windows and press Enter.
- It may take a little longer for the Desktop to appear than it does when you start your computer normally. Just let the process run itself until the desktop appears.
- Once the desktop appears, you will receive a message asking: Do you want to start Network support?
- Click on Yes if you want to use the PE environment to get online post your log and reply by way of an Ethernet connection.
- You should now have a desktop that looks like this:
Single click My computer
from your UBCD4W desktop to navigate to the OTLPE
folder that you saved to your flash drive.
Open the OTLPE
folder and double click Start.bat
=========With your next post please provide: