Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD when printing forum topic reply?.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:30 AM

Like the title says my PC crashes intermittently while I am printing a reply to a topic on one of the forums I visit. It is not an everyday occurrence but has happened 7-8 times in the six months since I built my PC. I am pretty vertain it is not malware but some sort of glitch which due to my lack of knowledge evades me at the moment. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could cause this to happen. I will be printing in the reply box and as I press on a keyboard letter I get the BSOD. This morning it happened again and as I use Firefox when I rebooted and went online it returned to the forum page it had crashed on. I went to add my reply and halfway through the second sentence it happened again. Usually these events have been weeks and weeks apart, this is the first time it has happened consecutively. Could it be a problem with the specific forum or is it to do with my PC?.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ryladine

ryladine

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:45 PM

A BSOD is caused by a hardware problem, if you are using a USB keyboard, it is entirely possible the USB port has a fault (Like a short), it is also possible it is a fault in your usb controller. The same can be said for a ps/2 keyboard. Can you try using another kind of keyboard? ps/2 if you are currently using a USB (I would try swapping usb ports first if this is the case) or a usb keyboard if you are using ps/2 keyboard.

If it is only that forum, there may be a component to it that is causing an issue, such as something causing you to hit a bad spot on your ram that you don't usually use. Before you consider anything like this however, I would try my first suggestion.

Edited by ryladine, 10 May 2011 - 09:51 PM.

"Ignorance is not stupidity, refusing to correct it is. Stupidity should be a crime punishable by death." A soon to be famous quote by: Ryladine

Most scientist's think that man is the dominant species on earth, I know the truth, its not man that is the dominant species, its cats.

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:28 PM

I assume, it'd be "typing", not "printing"?

Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)
No installation required.
Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users