Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sav Emailing Brazil?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nixie21

nixie21

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:02 PM

The last couple of days, zonealarm is alerting me that ccapp is trying to transmit email to an ip in brazil
ANY IDEAS???

Msg =

email client program

Symantec User session is trying to transmit emails
ccapp.exe
destination = 200.195.88.163:SMTP

I have scanned with SAV, a squared, trojan hunter, ewido, msas, kavrapsky online all clean......
hijackthis also looks clean....

THANKS SO MUCH!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:18 PM

As I understand it, ccapp.exe is a legitimate process belong to Norton AV; it is also a process attached to fastclick adware that might be attempting to send usage information to its company servers, some of which could easily be in Brazil.
The BC start up database lists 4 entries for ccapp. exe, three of which are additional problems involving worms or trojan backdoors. I would suggest you start there.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 nixie21

nixie21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:42 PM

Thanks, it all looks clean to me. One instance of ccapp, in the correct symantec folder and all the scans come back clean.... I will look at the database!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users