Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hibernate Problem in Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:29 PM

I am having a problem with a new installation of Windows 7 Home Premium. I have always liked the Hibernate feature and used it extensively when I was running Windows Vista Ultimate. Since installing Windows 7, whenever I run Hibernate the computer turns back on. When I used Hibernate in Windows Vista Ultimate I knew that the programs that I left open would be where I left off when I restarted the computer from Hibernate. Now, it just seems to turn on when it wants to. I am sure it is a setting in the Power Settings category in Control Panel. I'm just not sure how to set it.

Please let me know what I need to do. I appreciate any and all comments.

Edited by JazzMahn, 06 May 2011 - 09:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:57 PM

Desktop, or laptop?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 JazzMahn

JazzMahn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 382 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:09 AM

It is a custom built desktop. I have a Asus motherboard with a Quad Core 3.27 ghz processor.

Thanks for looking. Would sure appreciate your help.

#4 JazzMahn

JazzMahn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 382 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:58 AM

Brori,

After second thought, please don't continue to assist me with my problem. I have been a member of Bleeping Computer since 2007. I thought this site was made by enthusiasts assiting other enthusiasts with computer problems. I did not realize that there was ever an intention to be asked to pay for that assistance. That totally does away with what I thought this forum was developed for. Shame on you for even asking for a donation. I can't believe you are an advisor.

#5 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:34 AM

Brori,
I did not realize that there was ever an intention to be asked to pay for that assistance. That totally does away with what I thought this forum was developed for. Shame on you for even asking for a donation. I can't believe you are an advisor.

I do believe you've misinterpreted the "Donate" button. It is completely voluntary. Broni, as well as EVERYONE else on this board is a volunteer. You will receive the same quality assistance from anyone on this board regardless of whether you choose to donate or not.

Just my .02

ETA: My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation

Upon reflection, it seems a bit of an overreaction on your part, no?

Edited by Union_Thug, 07 May 2011 - 08:09 AM.

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,679 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

Thanks Union_Thug :)

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#7 JazzMahn

JazzMahn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 382 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:41 AM

I don't think it was an over-reaction. I have helped countless people myself on this forum and never once made any suggestion that someone may wish to Donate to "My Cause" (namely ME)!!

Maybe it is a new world but I always spent time on this site just offering help where I could!

#8 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:23 PM

wow, seen the donate link before and i thought it was to donate to help run bleeping computer ,[then i clicked on it] ,not a personal donation, oh well to each there own ,i guess

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#9 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,679 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:51 PM

Since it seems to be causing some controversy, I removed PayPal button from my signature.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#10 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:15 PM

good idea ,me thinks , not saying your not worth it

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,541 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:58 AM

Can we...get back on topic, if there is anything else that needs to be said...regarding such? If not, then I suggest that we give this topic a decent burial, please.

Appreciated :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users