Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:04 PM
The first thing I would try in this situation is to clear the CMOS memory, which can become corrupted during handling. The CMOS backup battery and CLRTC jumper are behind the PCI slots, ASUS' instructions are:
To erase the RTC RAM:
1. Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
2. Remove the onboard battery.
3. Move the jumper cap from pins 1-2 (default) to pins 2-3. Keep the cap on pins 2-3 for about 5 ~ 10 seconds, then move the cap back to pins 1-2.
4. Re-install the battery.
5. Plug the power cord and turn on the computer.
6. Hold down the <Del> key during the boot process and enter BIOS setup to re-enter data.
Top 5 things that never get done: