Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

You just unplugged a device

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:13 PM

Due to the fact that my beloved speakers died, I am currently using headphones. Unfortunately, the headphones are constantly being accidentally unplugged. Win7 tells me I just unplugged them. Well duh, I know that.

When plugged back in, I'm told I just plugged a device into the audio jack.

Is there a way to disable the annoying messages telling me what I already know?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kad1960

kad1960

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:55 AM

Hi Queen-Evie,
If you right click on the white arrow/pyramid on you taskbar >>customize notifications..scroll down to whichever function you wish to disable.
Hope this helps.

#3 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:17 AM

Queen-Evie,

I have a tip for you about your sound problem.
My tip for you is as next: Try your headphone or speakers on another computer.
Why do I say this? That problem what you have, have I too with my old Computer.
First thought I, s h i t my speakers are gone.
But I choose via Windows another frequency and than, it does.
I had also the same problem with my headphone.
Of course have I more problems with my old Computer, but my experience with this problem is:
When there is a problem with an integrated part in the mobo, than get you a lot of problems.
So Queen-Evie, you doing a good job when you follow my advice.
Good Luck.

Edited by RadioNorthsea, 07 May 2011 - 04:19 AM.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:39 AM

kad, thank you. I unplugged the headphones and looked to see which sound icon was showing the alert. I did as you suggested and turned off notifications for HD Audio Manager which I never use. I now have no annoying popup to tell me I unplugged or plugged in the headphones.

RadioNorthSea, I had already checked with something else to make sure it was the speakers. My Boston Acoustic speaker system was 9 years old, I got a lot of use out of them, and was not surprised when they died on me.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 07 May 2011 - 08:42 AM.

#5 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:00 AM

RadioNorthSea, I had already checked with something else to make sure it was the speakers. My Boston Acoustic speaker system was 9 years old, I got a lot of use out of them, and was not surprised when they died on me.

9 years old, yeah it is not fair, but just like usually, everything will be kaput. :wacko:

But I can tell you, that you are lucky.
For the same had you the same problem as me.
I can tell you, that is an expansive joke.
But when you are not a smoker, than is it not necessary that you be afraid for this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users