Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win XP - Virus? Nothing Opening!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Charms84

Charms84

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:55 PM

Hi Guys! First time I'm posting - so please bear with me if I don't explain things properly!

I'm using Windows XP, and I've had a virus for a while. I've run M-Bam multiple times, but it would show me I have viruses, but wouldn't let 'quarantine' them. But, I would still be able to get online and do whatever. Lately though, my internet would not connect, and I would need to restore the laptop to an earlier date. I'm not home right now, so I can't give you the exact details (laptop make/model), but I'll post again once I get home.

Anyways, the last week or so the computer just went down hill. It refuses to open up any programs (expect for windows explorer / folders with pics). I can't even open up regedit (which doesn't matter, because I don't even know what I would do in there except stare and hope magically the answers would appear). Also, the fake anti-virus scanner is starting to pop up again...

Even in safe mode - nothing works. I have ESET and M-Bam...neither are opening and earlier were not finding viruses.

So Basically....it's NOT WORKING GUYS! It's my dad computer, and I would really like to fix it for him. I've used forums before to read other people's responses, but this time I had to write my own.

I would appreciate any input at all!! Thank you so much!

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users