Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Me And Bc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Newby1924

Newby1924

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:07 PM

I wanted to post a question and/or search the forums an answer to a problem and it was suggested I introduce myself on "Introductions" so I went to that forum and started reading. Some people told how they got their handle, how they got to BC, told about their experience on BC and posted some excellent guidelines to read before posting a problem. Last first, I read the guidelines and am ready to post my problem. How I got to BC and my experience with BC are related. SpySheriff got into my computer and Google got me to BC where that problem was eventually resolved. I got my name when I made my first post to another forum. I knew I would probably mess things up so I thought it would help if I made it clear that I couldn't be expected to know what I was doing! That worked very well so I decided to keep doing it. However I found that a lot of dummies were doing the same thing. On many forums, Newby was already taken so I tried variations; Newbie, Neuby, Newbey, Neubie etc. A lot of these names were also taken and besides it was hard to remember which version I was using. I tried using Newby and a number but even then I ran into duplicates. Then I noticed many people were using a simple acronym with a four digit number for a handle. When I figured out what that four digit number was, I chose Newby1924 and haven't run into any duplicates yet. OK folks now you know me and I can go look for answers to my problems.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:50 PM

Given enough time here at BC, I would not be surprised to see you change your name to KNEWby.
Welcome to this great user community.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:04 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! Newby1924.

Good Luck,
yano :flowers:

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:29 PM

:thumbsup: Newby1924
Welcome to Bleeping Computer. I hope that you visit often.

Given enough time here at BC, I would not be surprised to see you change your name to KNEWby.

That is a good one jg ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users