Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Virus - Possible name "OneNote" - Redirects search links.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kimmer7389

kimmer7389

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

AVG detected a Trojan Virus on my Windows XP machine. I tried using AVG to clean it but it didn't. I started getting an error message on boot up. The error message was "Error loading C:\Windows\msredmi.dll". I also noticed OneNote was also running on Startup all of a sudden. I ran MalwareBytes and it does not find anything. I went into my Startup configuration and disabled the msredmi.dll, OneNote.exe and an odd looking DLL named eratefacosaqo.dll which I had never seen before. Now all of my search results are redirected to other web site. This has happened before in the past and you all helped me clean it up. This is a different trojan from the other one. This all just started happening this past Monday. And this is the worst time for this to happen. Working on my Master's Thesis that is due this coming Monday!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by hamluis, 06 May 2011 - 01:31 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users