Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hidden Programs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 dr4g0nh34d

dr4g0nh34d

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:54 AM

Don't know what happened to my last post on this.

Tried getting my hidden programs to show on the "All Programs" in the start menu. I just recently had a Windows Recovery virus and had gotten rid of it, but my programs suddenly stopped showing. I even did this and it's still not working:

Click "My Computer"
Tools > Folder Options
Click "View"
Click "Show Hidden Files and Folder"
Uncheck BOTH "Hide Hidden and protected files and folders"
Apply and press OK.
Restart.

And it's still not working.
The icons on my desktop are showing after I have to uncheck the hidden box manually on each one, but I also noticed some missing icons as well along with all the programs in the "All Programs" in the start menu. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to show where all the programs all so I can just manually uncheck the box?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:57 AM

You have an open malware topic at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic395740.html/page__p__2235719#entry2235719 and you have posted the same issues in 3 different BC forums.

Your two previous posts have been merged...and this post will be deleted shortly.

I suggest that you visit the malware topic linked above and make all further posts only to that topic...do not start another topic on this subject.

You may experience a short delay in obtaining a response within the Am I Infected forum...if so, that will be due to the number of other members who are seeking assistance...and the number of personnel online who are capable of rendering malware assistance.

We suggest that you show patience.

This topic is closed.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users