Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am new to this program and need help, computer seems slow and sometimes freezes.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AJJMH

AJJMH

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:49 AM

I am having trouble with my computer which is still farely new (got it at christmas time),. The computer was built by Cyberpower has Intel Core i5 CPU 650@3.20GHz 3.19GHz, 4.0 GB RAM, 64 bit operatings system in it. I have recently been having trouble where I click to go from one page to another whil on internet, and it seems to freeze up and take a minute or so to catch up. I have 94% free memory so it does not seem it should be freezing or running slow as it is. I run Norton security on it and if anything it only ever comes up with tracking cookies.

When I go into Hijack this and click on run scan and safe results I have a box that comes up saying For some reason your system denied write access to the Hosts file. If any hijacked domains are in this file, Hijack This may not be able to fix this.

If that happens, you need to edit the file yourself. To do this, click Start, blah, blah, blah....

I did that but the notepad came up saying This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows. There is also an example of a hosts file but then it says localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.

1. How to I go to DNS and what do I do there to make the program work properly.

2. I want to upload the data from my scan and have someone tell me if there are any files I need to remove because I do not know enough about this program to do it on my own.

Can anyone help me? Thanks. AJ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:06 AM

If you believe that you are infected I would suggest that you follow the instructions in This Guide starting at Step 6.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to try to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply to this thread and ask.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users