Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Viewpoint

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DHL

DHL

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 05:26 PM

I have found a prog and would like to get rid of it completely but not succeeding. It is called Viewpoint. Can anyone suggest how to remove this prog completely. I remove it from add/remove and t/after delete the folder in prog files. Restart PC and presto it shows up once more. It has something to do with AOL which is my ISP. It is bugging me and am somewhat concerned as to why it keeps reappearing each time I activate AOl. Any advice is appreciated.
Tks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:05 PM

There is no option to not install Viewpoint. In fact, if you remove Viewpoint, it will be reinstalled the next time you load AOL!

More information here at Computing.net

:thumbsup:
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 DHL

DHL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2006 - 04:57 AM

Hi

Visited site u mentioned and read article in detail. Having read it, wud appear that I will just have to accept that it is there to stay. As it was suggested, each time I uninstall the damn thing and delete all folders etc, upon restarting AOL the bugger shows up once more. Will try my best to forget about it and get on with my life. Hopefully no ill effects with materialize.

Tks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users