Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

static or dynamic ip

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bklyn1028

bklyn1028

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:18 AM

I have vista. Changed my ip from dynamic to static (i have bright house roadrunner). Played ok, but then started having internet trouble. connected to msn (homepage), but nothing else. Reset the modem, nothing. reset the router, nothing wireless router. Went back to dynamic ip, and everything is fine. According to roadrunner tech support, if i change to static, roadrunner won't work for residential. So, how do I play? I have for some reason dd-wrt on my lynksis router, should I go back to Lynksis' own firmware?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:37 PM

Just which IP did you change?

The PC, router, or modem?

#3 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:39 PM

There is no difference in static vs dynamic for basic game functions and you should not attempt to setup a real static IP (in your router/modem) unless you purchased one from your ISP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users