Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

slow to open a file using PhraseExpress

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 esmo

esmo

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:07 AM

xp pro sp3 I recently installed a program called Phrase Express whose purpose it is to enter prepared text, or to run a program, or to open a file just by typing in a preprogrammed phrase. The text entry and program run work well, but it takes 15-20 seconds to open a file. Their tech support says this is probably caused by something in my computer. I installed it on my laptop (Win 7) and there it works fine. I disabled all the programs I have loading at boot, but that did not help. I am not knowledgeable enough to know where else to look for the stumbling block. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks, esmo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:52 AM

Did you uninstall...then reinstall it?

Louis

#3 esmo

esmo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:11 PM

I reinstalled twice using Revo uninstaller to make sure I got a complete removal.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:54 PM

I'd suggest a review of the errors reflected in Event Viewer for clues, if an uninstall/reinstall did not resolve it.

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic40108.html

And/or a visit to the support pages for said program.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users