Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer 9

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Murrar

Murrar

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:34 AM

I have IE8 and 3.00 GB of RAM on my Windows 7 computer. Can anyone tell me how many hours it will take me to install IE9 on my computer? Also, what are the advantages of having IE9 (as compared to IE8) on my computer? Thank you very much. Murrar

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:49 AM

Hours? Probably take you 15-20 mins* max, to download IE 9, upgrade IE on your computer, reboot, configure...and you're good to go!

This article answers your second question.

Plenty of other Q&As here.

* Time taken to download IE depends on how fast your internet connection is.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#3 pll8on

pll8on

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

I just downloaded IE9 on my Windows 7 Notebook. It takes very little time. Plus IE9 is fantastic. It is the first good, fast browser that IE

has ever been put out. I love it. It has been completely changed from all previous IE browsers. It gives more room for web pages to be viewed.

I strongly recommend going with IE9. I have always used Firefox in the past because IE7,8 were so slow. Not any more. You gotta have it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users