Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Puppy Linux V1.0.7 Released

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cybormoron

cybormoron

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 04:39 PM

you can get the iso link from distrowatch. the puppy website does not appear to be updated yet. it still says 1.0.6 is the latest. i'm sure it will be updated shortly. this version rocks. i can actually use it, woooohooooo. i'm using it now. it was acklans fault that i tried puppy, loooool. thank you very much. so this post is for you acklan. it was your enthusiasm that caused me to try it. sadly tho i was unable to use 1.0.6. it didn't wanna work on this machine. it worked fine on an older puter i have tho. i think the added support for xorg might have solved my prob. so i like this 1.0.7 and i may even install it. thanks acklan, really. it was really simple to boot this live cd. it gives you the option of which x server (vespa or xorg). it's also very configurable. i can run my optimum 60 refresh rate at 1600x1200 resolution. i took some camera shots of the screen but i haven't figured out how to get them on the puter yet. linux is still pretty new to me. i'll probably go back into windoze to get it done and get them uploaded to webshots or somewhere. i'm sure it can be done within a live boot. i'm just a slow learner. :thumbsup:

edit 2 hours later;
figured out how to take screenshot. here's the puppy desktop.
Posted Image

Edited by cybormoron, 02 January 2006 - 06:11 PM.

I can no longer sit back and allow Microsoft infiltration, Microsoft indoctrination, Microsoft subversion, and the international Microsoft conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious open source GNU/Linux operating systems. General Jack D. Ripper.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 root

root

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 03 January 2006 - 05:57 AM

Awwe! What a cute puppy!!! :-D

[cough]NexentaOS[/cough]

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 03 January 2006 - 06:12 PM

I am happy to see you like the pup. I'm still using 1.0.4 . It has the feel of Win9x, with makes it easier for new users.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 cybormoron

cybormoron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 03:11 AM

The following mirrors carry NexentaOS downloads. Please download directly from the nearest geographical location:
LiveCD - is not available yet!

Please check with us soon...

still waitin' for da live cd. any info root?
I can no longer sit back and allow Microsoft infiltration, Microsoft indoctrination, Microsoft subversion, and the international Microsoft conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious open source GNU/Linux operating systems. General Jack D. Ripper.

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:02 AM

:thumbsup:
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users