Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Used Computers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ColtinIraq

ColtinIraq

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 04:20 PM

I am trying to get a used computer for a friend in Jordan. All we want is something that will allow us to communicate through IM's and email. There are several 128s with 10MB, wi-fi and windows 2000 and dvd player fairly cheap. I do not want to spend a lot of money - I'm doing this as a favor. The 286's are more than I want to spend. What do you think? Would this be an ok system to send over?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AL...

AL...

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:52 PM

Hi Coltin.
Welcome to BC. Ok your terminology is a little confusing but I'm assuming 128 is the amount of ram and 10mb would be the harddrive size (10GB?). If the operating system is win 2000 I'ed guess that it's running at least a P3 (pentium 3) processor. If so it would be fine for what you have planned. If I'm wrong please post back with the ram, cpu type and speed(p3 at 500mhz for example) and operating system for another opinion. But anything P3 or P4 with 128MB of ram should be ok.
Your interests (Check Length), Your location (Check Length). What if I dont need to check my length?
Religion has a built-in defense system: anything that questions a belief, no matter how logical the argument is, is the work of "the devil" by the very fact that it makes you question a belief.
Don't eat yellow snow.

#3 ColtinIraq

ColtinIraq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:29 PM

Thank you very, very much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users